Empowered to provide a positive impression to guest at the property; giving the guests and clients of Chula Vista the highest level of satisfaction throughout their stay. Maintenance Technicians will fulfill the related goals and objectives of the resort while displaying hospitality and professionalism at all times taking pride in representing Chula Vista Resort. Reports to Room Maintenance Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Repairs may include plumbing, electrical, heating, cooling, ventilation, furnishings and fixtures, painting, wall cover repairs, carpentry, door and window repair.
- Respond and perform duties in a timely and efficient manner.
- Knowledge of safety requirements is a MUST- operate within OSHA standards and company safety policies at all times. PPE-Personal Protective Equipment must be worn while performing certain tasks.
- Assist to oversee the property grounds, public areas, and hotel’s guest rooms.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all company associates to foster and promote a positive working environment.
- Display a calm and attentive approach in solving problems and handling difficult situation, collecting information and sincerely helping to resolve them.
- Must be familiar in which departments to work with in serving the needs of our guests.
- Determine, communicate, and monitor personal and department achievements and performance standards on a daily basis.
Required- High School Diploma
Required- 1 year building maintenance experience.
Preferred- 2 years building maintenance with resort experience.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
Skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job, operation of equipment, and adhere to safety practices. The ability to work under limited supervision with other people effectively and with other staff positions is important. Must be trainable and take instruction to learn position, and work well without constant supervision.
*Must be in good physical condition.
*Must be able to lift and carry minimum of 50lbs.
Sitting, standing for an extended period of time.
Have full use of eyes and ears, full power of speech.
Walking, turning head and torso, bending arms, wrists, and fingers. A lot of bending movement
Must be able to do routine math calculations.
Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, well enough to give instructions, relay information, and carry on effective interchange with customers, vendors, and company staff.
- Competitive pay
- Variety Health Benefits
- 401K plan
- Employee discounts
- Friendly work environment
- Potential for Advancement
Chula Vista Resort is a full-service, year-round, themed conference resort. Chula Vista features approximately 622 guest rooms and suites, over 140,000 Square Feet of flexible meeting and convention space, 4 restaurants, and a number of recreational amenities including an indoor and outdoor waterpark, sand volleyball, and miniature golf. Chula Vista Resort has been independently owned and operated for the past 50 years. We are a stable caring employer dedicated to provide success and growth of our employees within the hospitality and tourism industry.